Wednesday, November 02, 2005

what the hell

did i do in a past life that lead designers to believe i didnt deserve to be fashion forward? todays entry is inspired by the 40 days & 4o nights of rain that we are currently experiencing here in New York City. for some reason unbeknownst to me, god &/or mother nature, don't even take the sabbath off anymore. it has been rainy and gloomy for so many days thats its quite the feat to not get bogged down and want to throw yourself wildly into your bed and sleep off the angst. to add insult to injury, rainboots are a necessity if u dont want your jeans to be soaked up to the damn knees by the time you get where you are going. now, i know what you are thinking, who WOULDNT want a fun pair of rainboots if they could "get away" with owning some?? and the answer is no one; EVERYONE wants to own a pair of fun rb's, the problem is, unless you are some tiny little tramp with infinitesimal feet, you cant find any that arent boring or school bus, & by that of course i mean plain black or bright yellow. they make them strictly for WOMEN & not in big enough sizes that a man (such as myself) could squeeze his 12w into it. so my friend chanda & i hit this shoe store (george miu) in brooklyn, & they have HOT ones for girls..., polka dots, stripes, plaids etc... it occurs to me that i havent actually inquired about the seemingly nonexistent cute rainboot for a man. the arrogant man behind the counter tells me the reasons that they "tend to not make them in this particular style for men" without saying "real men dont wear pink rb's sissy" (which is what he was getting @ anyway). he also felt the need to point out the boot that my friend was trying on might be "a little too snug" on her. he went on to say that he doesnt have them any bigger. im all "get on the website, i bet they have one, and we can find them in your size, he says (in his annoyingly arrogant yet somehow charming way) "let me rephrase, I dont make them any bigger, im george miu, this is my store." i digress... he then tells me that they are indeed out there & that i just have to look for them. he was so helpful at telling me the name brands to check first. hugo boss, prada, burberry etc..., i couldnt afford them from those places even if i wanted to, so ive taken to wrapping my shoes in plastic bags to travel around manhattan until someplace cheap sees fit to grant a boys soaking wish. i'll probably be taking up a collection at the end of the flood season. no deluge will destroy my passion for locating a pair for next year;in the meantime im holding out & waiting to return to my postdiluvian life!

6 Comments:

Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I came close to having a seizure when I read that. So many colors.

7:54 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I hear you called Lisa and made fun of my pictures she posted. It just goes to show that you're hateful.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Noland said...

i am NOT hateful, you just look a mess is all. im just being honest, in my opinion, thats what friends do. (name that movie)

10:16 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

I looked high and low for fun rainboots, and had to buy the first semi-fun pair I could find... then, the next season, every damn store had even better ones! I HATE being ahead of fashion trends, because seriously, fun rain boots are great, but you only really need one pair.

7:50 PM  
Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I couldn't even venture to guess what movie you're talking about. Amanda, welcome to my world. It's hard to be a trend setter...ok, I wouldn't really know

5:36 PM  
Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Have you thought of starting your own line of rain boots for men? I bet they would be hot. Seriously, think about it. you should do it. I need rain boots.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home